Your employees, customers, clients, donors, volunteers and others need to hear from you – whether your business or organization has re-opened, is planning to re-open or remains closed.
Following are some communication examples that caught our eye as we consider effective pandemic messages to inform, reassure, encourage or engage various audiences. Several of these messages effectively reference timely changes along with what remains the same.
- All Saints Church-Pasadena Note Card Mailed from Staff to Volunteers: We may not be in “HUG RANGE” right now…but know that the All Saints Staff is squeezing our volunteers like crazy! Thank you!
- Sign outside Boathouse Restaurant in Santa Barbara: Masks put us in the mood for cocktails and food! Please wear your mask!
- Television Ad for Pechanga Resort Casino: Pechanga Resort Casino is excited to welcome you back. You can expect the same friendly four-diamond service that you have come to know — with new health and safety measures, because your peace of mind is our top priority. Rest assured, we are ready when you are.
- Greenheart Yoga Studio Message to Members with Survey: We’re listening! As we closely follow the information provided by the CDC for fitness center protocols, we look forward to opening the studio doors soon! We want our Greenheart friends to feel safe and comfortable when that time comes. Please share your thoughts on returning to the studio with us on the survey below.
- E-mail Marketing Communication from Catalina Island Company: It’s time to come back to Catalina Island – California’s Island Escape! The ocean breeze, our wide open spaces and unique island experiences are waiting for you, just an hour off the Southern California coast. We are ready for you with our KeepWell™ Commitment. The world is changing, and so is the way we travel. One thing that hasn’t changed is Catalina Island Company’s commitment to the well-being of our employees and guests.
- E-mail Marketing Communication to Burke Williams Customers: Our spas are re-opening! We are thrilled to announce the re-opening dates of our locations! We can’t wait to welcome you back for many well-deserved spa days filled with calm, comfort and serenity.
- Southwest Airlines E-Mail Message to Customers: Once Southwest® becomes aware of any government’s travel restriction that results in a flight cancellation or self-quarantine, our Team will notify you as soon as possible with your options. Rest assured, we will offer maximum flexibility and accommodate Customers to the best of our ability. As always, the Southwest Team appreciates your patience and trust in us during this unprecedented time.
- Vroman’s Bookstore Website Message: We’re required to follow the guidance of the health department, so you will notice some changes to our store and our procedures. We’re operating with a much smaller staff, but we will do everything we can to provide the level of service you expect from Vroman’s. Rest assured, what hasn’t changed is our wonderful selections of books and gifts. We’re looking forward to seeing you! As long as you’re healthy, come on in!
- The Huntington Library, Art Museum and Botanical Gardens Website Message about the 2020 COVID-19 Emergency Fund: An unexpected pandemic and significant economic disruption caused The Huntington to be closed to all audiences in spring 2020. Please help us to care for the precious collections and continue essential operations during this challenging time. All contributions made on March 19, 2020, and beyond will be matched by Huntington Board Member J. Mario Molina.
- Texas A&M University Website Message from President Michael K. Young: Through the strength of your support, you’ve shown us that the spirit of our university is far more than just the constant pulse of activity on campus. The spirit of Texas A&M is also a state of mind, a sense of community, found in the timeless traditions we share and the bonds we have built with each other. Even though the fall will require some new and different protocols, our values and traditions will continue to bring us together, whether it’s in-person or in spirit. And for that, we should all be very grateful.
- SuperCuts Website Message: To our valued Supercuts customers: While we won’t be able to shake your hand or give you a hug (for now!), please know how excited we are to welcome you back. We’ve put a great deal of thought and care into making sure our salon environment is as safe and sanitized as possible for you and our stylists. To assist us, we worked with top infectious disease doctors at the University of Minnesota to create our safe salon commitment.
- The Cellar Beverly Hills Website Message: We recognize members and guests have different levels of comfort. Let us know how we can make your visit better for you. We appreciate your support and loyalty.
- Starbucks Corporate Website Message: Your Starbucks Experience may look different as we navigate this dynamic situation community-by-community and store-by-store. Our commitment to you is that we will continue to make proactive decisions that are grounded in transparency and science – for our partners and the people we serve.
- Salt Studio E-mail Communication: Hello Community, As you might already know, massage establishments have been given the go-ahead for reopening. This is exciting! And… we aren’t quite there yet but we will be soon and want to give you as many details as we can so you can know what to expect. This will help to make your next visit so much more relaxed and worth the wait.
As we are still very much in a global health crisis, we are reminded of the deep, lasting benefits of preventative care for our overall health and immunity, and this includes managing stress and anxiety through healing bodywork. This is something that we have been doing for many years now and see that so many are waking up to the need for mindful, responsible self-care and caring for others worldwide.
Please share some examples of your own pandemic messaging – or messaging from others that you deem effective. Let us hear from you at Jane@activcg.com.